Thursday, August 13, 2009

Touch ups

Spent today touching up some sound-related bugs. Let's just say that DelayCommand() is a useful but very touchy bit of script.

There's one puzzle that relies on listening to the tempo of a pitch, and the only good way to get it to repeat is via DelayCommand, since it requires several sound objects at once, that means stacked delays. Ugh.

At any rate, the puzzle isn't quite perfect, but it works. I was finally able to navigate by sound without dying or cheating, which is something that was nearly impossible under the old script. On top of that I finished up scripting for a couple of creature OnSpawn animations and worked on a critters ambient/ combat AI. I also boosted the resolution on many of the items, which created a very nice effect (they look better than many of the NwN base inventory icons).

I'm hoping to wrangle another play test out of a friend tonight, so I'll update again sometime after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment